From a confluence of parallel lifetimes across a broad career in live & recorded music, Steve DeDoes truly has an Unknown Legacy of important artistry.
Recent years have seen him release a number of new albums, showcasing new songs, compositions, and arrangements. In addition, these new releases also present significant material from his past body of work.
(this all needs work…but here’s a quick rundown)
Discography: Unknown Legacy Records
- Still A Player (2021) – Steve DeDoes
- Beyond (2020) – Steve DeDoes & the Helmholtz Project
- Standard Deviation (2019) – Steve DeDoes (with guest artists)
- Bluetopia (2019) – Steve DeDoes & the Helmholtz Project
- Outside The Lines (2018) – Mattie DeDoes, featured artist
- A Planetary Trip…and Back To Earth (2018) – Steve DeDoes
- Projections (2017) – re-release of 1996 album, S.DeDoes
- Christmas Air (2017) – updated re-release of “Michigan Christmas Air” (many artists)
Discography: Other Publishers/Releases
- “Hitting Your Mark” (2002) – Move & Learn Educational Products
- “Galaxy Magic” (2001) – Move & Learn Educational Products
- “The SPIN on the Whole Planet” (2000) – Steve DeDoes Music Productions/TerraViva!
- “Michigan Christmas Air” (1998) – Steve DeDoes Music Productions/American Lung Association (many artists)
- “Corporate Projections” (1995) – S.DeDoes, composer; Gene Michael Productions (music library)
- “Origins” – Kerstin Allvin, featured artist (1988); Dogwood Productions (Billboard Charts – #5 U.S.)
Theatrical Highlights: musical direction, original music
- Joseph & The Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat, nat’l tour – keyboards, then music direction, etc.
- Second City (Detroit) – pianist/music director
- Purple Rose Theatre Co – “Possessed” (Mus.Dir.), “The Vast Difference” (original score & sound design)
- other – Meadowbrook Theatre Flint Youth Theatre; U-D; “Beehive” nat’l tour; GEM Theatre; ?; community productions, etc. ?
- conductor/music director for light opera (COG productions of Offenbach, Robinson Crusoe & Grand Duchess) – conductor photo ?
- Motor City Beat
- North Coast Horns
- performed with: Mel Torme, D.Osmond, J.Benson, M.Reeves, C.Mangione, A.Copland, Chenilles (tour); more
- comedy: Second City, Lea Delaria, …
- performed at: Ravinia Festival (Chicago); Meadowbrook Festival; Detroit Jazz Festival; Flint Jazz Festival;
- featured guest artist: S’Cool Jazz (Schoolcraft College), Plymouth Comm. Chorus
- Roostertail Club, Cobo Center, other major galas (?) – there’s more of this…gotta remember, identify, etc.
- Project: GoldPan – complete U.S. Air Force production by S.D. Music
- Stan Musial video tribute (2013) – arrangement/production of “Take Me Out To The Ballgame” (with Mattie DeDoes), Cooperstown, etc.
- Lack of Appeal (2013) – inst. theme, score
- Growing Apart (1995) – inst. theme, score
- A Triumph of The Mind – intro/theme for commercial film (what was that company ?)
Other Theme Music:
- Decision ’96 (NPR theme)
- Magic in the Night (Doug Henning Magic Show)
- Int.Advisor Theme (WJR/national syndication), used 1996-.
Wayne State Univ. – guest lecturer 1997
Oakland Univ. – faculty, 1999-2000
Eastern Michigan Univ. – artist-in-residence, 199
WCC – teaching faculty, 2003-2011: music theory & arranging
private students, piano/composition/arranging
M.Michaels, D.Sebesky, Q.Jones, D.Grusin, B.James, Chicago, D.Fagan